Supabase is an open-source platform that provides database and authentication services. This guide will walk you through the process of connecting your Outerbase application to a Supabase Database.
Before you begin, ensure you have the following:
- A Supabase account.
- A Supabase Database project already set up with the desired database engine (e.g., PostgreSQL).
- Access credentials for the database (username and password).
- The connection details for your Supabase Database instance.
- Outerbase application environment details.
Step 1: Obtain Connection Details
Before you can connect to your Supabase Database instance from Outerbase, gather the following information:
- Database URL: This is the URL of your Supabase Database instance.
- Username and Password: The credentials for accessing the database.
Step 2: Connect from Outerbase
With the necessary information in hand, configure your Outerbase application to connect to your Supabase Database instance.
- Open your Outerbase application's configuration.
- Locate the database configuration section.
- Use the Database URL as the database host.
- Provide the username and password for authentication.
- Save the configuration changes.
Congratulations! You've successfully established a connection between your Outerbase application and your Supabase Database instance. This allows your application to interact with the managed database service provided by Supabase.
Keep your credentials and connection details secure, and regularly review and update your security settings as necessary.
For more detailed information and troubleshooting, refer to the Supabase documentation.