PlanetScale is a database-as-a-service platform that offers scalable and distributed databases. This guide will walk you through the process of connecting your Outerbase application to a PlanetScale Database.
Before you begin, ensure you have the following:
- A PlanetScale account.
- A PlanetScale Database already set up with your desired database engine (e.g., MySQL).
- Access credentials for the database (username and password).
- The connection details for your PlanetScale Database instance.
- Outerbase application environment details.
Step 1: Obtain Connection Details
Before you can connect to your PlanetScale Database instance from Outerbase, gather the following information:
- Database Host: This is the network address of your PlanetScale Database instance.
- Port: The port number through which the database listens for connections.
- Username and Password: The credentials for accessing the database.
- Database Name: The specific database you want to connect to.
Step 2: Connect from Outerbase
With the necessary information on hand, configure your Outerbase application to connect to your PlanetScale Database instance.
- Open your Outerbase application's configuration.
- Locate the database configuration section.
- Use the Database Host as the database host.
- Provide the port number.
- Use the provided username and password for authentication.
- Specify the database name you want to connect to.
- Save the configuration changes.
Congratulations! You've successfully established a connection between your Outerbase application and your PlanetScale Database instance. This allows your application to interact with the scalable and distributed database service provided by PlanetScale.
Ensure your credentials and connection details are kept secure. Regularly review and update your security settings as needed.
For more detailed information and troubleshooting, refer to the PlanetScale documentation.